I made a ponytail hat for a family friend last Christmas, but wasn’t too happy with the finished product. Working on a hat, I accidentally stumbled upon this little pattern when I ran out of yarn! This cute little piece can serve as a head band (with hair above or below) or can accent a cute ponytail.
Size: Fits a woman’s head.
- Size 4mm (6 US) 16″ circular needles
- Worsted weight yarn (about 80-100 yards? I used stash yarn)
Gauge: Not too important since it’s so stretchy but approximately 22 stitches in 2×2 ribbing.
- Cast on 92 sts using elastic long-tail or preferred stretchy cast on method.
- Place marker and join to work in the round, being careful not to twist the stitches. Work as follows:
R1: K2, P2
- Repeat R1 until work measures 4-4 1⁄2 inches from cast-on edge.
I cast off in K2, P2 pattern to create a more stretchy cast-off.